- This event has passed.
Carpentaria – Key Word Sign workshop
November 22, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm ACST
The final Key Word Sign workshop for 2021 is on Monday 22 November. Delivered by accredited Key Word Sign presenter Amy Southwood. Amy Southwood is a practicing Speech Pathologist with Carpentaria Therapy Services and a fully trained and qualified Key Word Sign Australia presenter. She is passionate about creating communication friendly environments for everyone in our community the professional development opportunity is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about this interactive communication tool. Book here
About this event
The workshop involves a range of interactive tasks to support attendees in their use and understanding of Key Word Sign with children and adults with disability.
The workshop covers:
• Identification of communication, Key Word Sign and Gesture
• How sign supports communication and who signing is used with
• Knowledge of interactive gestures, finger spelling and Interactive Sign Vocabulary 1 & 2
• Using sign and gesture in everyday activities
• Choosing useful vocabulary tailored to the individual
The workshop is suitable for:
• Parents/carers, family and community members
• Childcare and disability services employees
• Teachers, educators and Support Workers
• Allied Health professionals
• Anyone interested in Key Word Sign
Workshop attendees receive:
• ‘Getting Started with Key Word Sign’ booklet
• Certificate of completion
Catering is included.