Position Vacant – Event Project Officer
Position Title: Event Project Officer Integrated disAbility Action (IdA) Inc
Reports to: General Manager
Terms: Part time, Flexible arrangement negotiable (Maximum 15 hours) We are Not For Profit and Salary Sacrifice is available.
Classification: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services industry (SCHADS) Award. Level 3.1
Applications Close: 24th of February 2023
IdA was formed in 1996 as the Northern Territory Peak consumer organisation for Territorians with disability. IdA actively advocates for positive change on identified issues, which may be specific to an individual and/or systemic in nature.
Our mission is to advocate and lobby with, or on behalf of people with disability to ensure an equitable outcome for all.
The Event Project Officer will be responsible for project managing the annual All Abilities Expo and other events and community engagement activities. This is a casual position. Starting at two to three days per week in the planning stage the hours will increase closer to the event. This project will require you to be flexible. You will work as part of a small team and will be an experienced professional with considerable knowledge and experience in community engagement, training and event planning.
With experience in coordinating events, you will possess strong stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills as you engage with sponsors, disability service providers and the broader community. A dynamic role for a self-starter you will be responsible for setting priorities to ensure the delivery of a successful events.
- Demonstrated empathy for people living with disability and a passion for creating an inclusive society.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and facilitating events and activities within a community setting
- Excellent organisation and time management skills to coordinate multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills (written, verbal & interpersonal)
- Proactive, a problem solver and adaptable to changes
- Reliable and capable of ownership of tasks
- Ability to work within budgetary parameters and confident negotiating with suppliers and stakeholders
- Well-developed report writing, communication and computer skills.
- Current Northern Territory working with children check
- A satisfactory national Criminal History Check
- NT Driver’s License.
- You will also be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status
The Event Project Officer is directly accountable to the General Manager for the planning, delivery and evaluation of all IdA events and training opportunities.
- Develop the event program/schedule and manage the logistical operations surround this
- Coordinate AV requirements and managing AV tech for events
- Produce or arrange production of advertising materials
- Identify and secure sponsors for the events
- Source and manage stallholders for the events
- Draft and manage exhibition floorplan for events
- Liaise with media to ensure positive coverage of events
- Liaise and network with key stakeholders promoting a strong and positive image of IdA
- Recruit and supervise volunteers for the events as needed
- Booking in suppliers for the event days including ordering tables, coffee carts etc.
- Prepare written reports for the Management Committee and submit monthly updates and reports to the General Manager
- Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with the relevant guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
How to Apply
Please email your Resume and one-page cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 24th of February 2022.
IdA encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures and people living with disability. For more information about this role please contact Janet Wright, General Manager on 08 8948 5400 or email@example.com.